List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:February 27 2012 6:32am
Subject:Re: Cluster Failure Handling ..
View as plain text
Perhaps you can use geo rep and replicate to another Cluster.

Otherwise, there is no magic. If a cluster fails, it has to be restarted and it can take
time.

BR
johan

On Feb 27, 2012, at 3:51 AM, umapathi b wrote:

> Anybody there to comment/help  on this please ?!
>
> - Umapathi
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:57 AM, umapathi b <umapathi.b@stripped> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a production cluster running with 2 data nodes , 2 sql nodes and 1 mgmt node
> .
> And I have a slave to one of the above servers with innodb plugin for data backup
> purpose
> which is running fine .
>
> One day , while trying to do some parameter changes wrt disk based tables , I got
> some error
> and the cluster was not able to re-start/recover . In this case , I had to start the
> cluster with --initial
> option again and reload/restore the data from the slave . But this took considerable
> time(around 2 hours) ..
> and I was safe as it was off-peak time ..and did not impact the customers.
>
> How can I handle this kind of complete failure of cluster , in order to have no
> downtime at all
> or to quickly recover ?!
>
> I am sure somebody might have faced this kind of issue earlier ... Advice/Guidance in
> this regard
> is highly appreciable ..
>
> Thank you all in advance ..
>
> - Umapathi.

Thread
Cluster Failure Handling ..umapathi b23 Feb
  • Re: Cluster Failure Handling ..umapathi b27 Feb
    • Re: Cluster Failure Handling ..Johan Andersson27 Feb