List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:February 20 2012 1:29pm
Subject:RE: geographic replication
View as plain text
Hi Klaus,

 MySQL Cluster Geographic replication is based on MySQL asynchronous replication. As well
as handling the complexities of the MySQL Cluster distributed architecture, when using it
between 2 MySQL Cluster deployments it also handles:
 1) Active/Active (sometimes called multi-master) replication
 2) Conflict detection/resolution for active/active (if you change the same piece of data
    in each Cluster at about the same time, Cluster geographic replication will flag
and/or
    resolve it

 You can (and many, many people do) run MySQL replication between 2 MySQL Servers for
InnoDB tables, you just need to be more careful to avoid data conflicts. You can take a
look at http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/mysql_wp_ha_strategy_guide.php for an
overview and links to more resources for the various MySQL High Availability options.

Regards, Andrew.