List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql.com Date:February 20 2012 11:53am
Subject:geographic replication
View as plain text
Hello list readers,

after reading serveral documentations about replication and MySQL
Cluster 7.2 I have a question.

The document "MySQL_Guide_to_NoSQL_v2.pdf" says on pages 13-14:

Geographic Replication also enables data to be replicated in real-time
to other MySQL storage engines. A typical use-case is to replicate
tables from MySQL Cluster to the InnoDB storage engine in order to
generate complex reports from near real-time data, with full
performance isolation from the live data store.

Does this mean that all data nodes have to use NDB and only an export
to InnoDB is possible or is it also possible to use InnoDB instead of
NDB?

In my use case I have two databases located in different cities and
both have to be master. I make massive use of foreign keys so InnoDB is
realy important.

Is the geographic replication provided by MySQL-Cluster 7.2 a solution
or do you know an alternative?

Regards
Klaus
Thread
geographic replicationmysql.com20 Feb
  • RE: geographic replicationAndrew Morgan20 Feb