List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George Neill Date:January 19 2012 9:41pm
Subject:Blob and NdbRecord
View as plain text
Hi Folks,

I am trying to understand the NDB blob API.  When using
transaction->readTuple(), the address of the blob pointer is written to the
ndb record.  After looking at the ndb code, this does NOT appear to happen
with insertTuple()/updateTuple() calls.  I am just starting to dig in to
the NDB code base and I am trying to understand why a blob pointer is not
written/allocated in to the blob stream in these situations.  Or maybe the
question is better asked as, Why is the blob pointer written only when
using readTuple() ...   Is there someone on the list who might have
background on this subject and wouldn't mind explaining it to me!?

TIA,
George

Thread
Blob and NdbRecordGeorge Neill19 Jan
  • Re: Blob and NdbRecordCraig L Russell19 Jan
    • Re: Blob and NdbRecordGeorge Neill19 Jan
      • Re: Blob and NdbRecordCraig L Russell20 Jan