List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mat Keep Date:October 31 2011 10:14am
Subject:Re: MySQL Cluster
View as plain text
Hi Joan
replication is actually more functional in MySQL Cluster than with InnoDB:
- You have support for synchronous replication between data nodes within
the cluster.
- If you want to replicate that cluster to a remote data center (or
another rack within the same data center), then you can use MySQL's
native asynchronous replication, but unlike InnoDB, this is
Active/Active, so the cluster will detect and handle conflicts for you

MySQL Cluster does not support Foreign Keys today.  You can use triggers
as an alternative - this article demonstrates how to do that:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-enforcing-foreign-keys.html

Are your Foreign Key requirements for constraint checking, or do you
need functionality like cascading updates and deletes as well?

--
Regards

Mat Keep
MySQL Cluster&  HA Programs
Oracle Corp.
+44 (0)7765 898-605

Thread
MySQL Clusterjoan agusti martinez carbonell31 Oct
  • Re: MySQL ClusterMat Keep31 Oct