List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<paul Date:October 19 2011 10:54am
Subject:Problem connecting to cluster with NDPAPI
View as plain text
Hello,

I have successfully set-up a MySQL cluster (built from source
mysql-cluster-gpl-7.2.1.tar.gz), with two management nodes, two data
nodes, and four mysqld nodes. Everything works fine, and I can access
the cluster through the SQL API using the four mysqld servers.

However, when I try to connect with the NDBAPI (using the sample code
from the NDPAPI manual, see below), I get the following error:

"Configuration error: Error: Could not alloc node id at localhost port
1186: Connection done from wrong host ip 127.0.0.1. Unable to connect to
cluster within 30 seconds."

Apparently I need to configure access to the cluster somehow, is this
something I need to add to config.ini? What exactly? Is it documented
somewhere?

Thanks for your help,

Paul

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include <NdbApi.hpp>

#define CONNECTSTR "localhost"

Ndb_cluster_connection* example_init()
{
  Ndb_cluster_connection* conn;

  // initialise MySQL and Ndb client libraries
  if( ndb_init() )
  {
    exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
  }

  // prepare connection to cluster
  conn = new Ndb_cluster_connection(CONNECTSTR);

  // initiate connection
  if( conn->connect(4, 5, 1) )
  {
    fprintf(stderr, "Unable to connect to cluster within 30 seconds.");
    exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
  }

  // wait for data (ndbd) nodes
  if(conn->wait_until_ready(30, 0) < 0)
  {
    fprintf(stderr, "Cluster was not ready within 30 seconds.\n");
    exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
  }

  return conn;
}

void example_end(Ndb_cluster_connection* conn)
{
  // terminate connection
  delete conn;

  // shut down MySQL and Ndb client libraries
  ndb_end(2);
}

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  Ndb_cluster_connection* conn;

  conn = example_connect();

  printf("Connection established.");

  example_end(conn);

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Thread
Problem connecting to cluster with NDPAPIpaul19 Oct
  • Re: Problem connecting to cluster with NDPAPIJonas Oreland19 Oct
  • Re: Problem connecting to cluster with NDPAPIJohan Andersson19 Oct
Re: Problem connecting to cluster with NDPAPIJonas Oreland19 Oct
RE: Problem connecting to cluster with NDPAPIpaul19 Oct