List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mat Keep Date:September 22 2011 10:24am
Subject:Re: join queries
View as plain text
Hi Umapathi
The MySQL Cluster 7.2 Development Release would be the best place to
start as this includes the Index Statistics function which works with
the SQL optimizer to create execution plans that push JOIN operations
down to the cluster data nodes, rather than being resolved in the server
- this giving much lower latency

This new capability is called Adaptive Query Localization (AQL), and you
can learn more about it here:
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/dramatically-increased-mysql-cluster-join-performance-with-adaptive-query-localization/

We do also have a performance optimization guide which provides best
practices on query optimization (note, it does not yet reflect AQL), and
this can be downloaded from here (registration required):
http://mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/mysql_wp_cluster_perfomance.php

Would be very interested in hearing your results

--
Regards

Mat Keep
MySQL Cluster&  HA Programs