List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mat Keep Date:July 12 2011 8:56am
Subject:Splitting Data Nodes over a WAN - Best Practices
View as plain text
Hi All
I am hearing of more and more MySQL Cluster users who are splitting
their data nodes across a WAN connection. While not recommended, it is
clearly something users are doing to fulfill specific deployment
requirements

I would be interested in understanding from those that have done this
what the characteristics of their WAN connections are, so we can look at
recommending some best practices.

So, the specific questions would be:
- latency between sites
- distance between sites and general bandwidth of connection

Bonus points for answering the following:
- quota for cluster on the bandwidth?
- frequency and duration of latency spikes
- other stuff, ie utilization and availability of the link

Can anyone from the community share best practices ?

--
Regards

Mat Keep
MySQL Cluster&  HA Programs
Oracle Corp.
+44 (0)7765 898-605

Thread
Splitting Data Nodes over a WAN - Best PracticesMat Keep12 Jul