List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Subodh Nair Date:June 25 2011 4:23pm
Subject:RE: MySQL cluster- migrating from WIndows to Linux
View as plain text
Hello Geert,

I was referring to the virtual memory I had allocated when I installed this
version(mysql-5.1.56 ndb-7.1.13) of mysql cluster in a Windows 2003 64 bit
server. When I installed it in the Redhat 5.1 64 bit server also I had
allocated 8 GB as the swap space. In both cases, (windows and Linux), both
the data nodes was installed with 8 GB RAM.

Actually when I install the old version of mysql cluster that is running on
my production server for 2 years now, mysql cluster ver7.0.6, there is no
problem at all and everything runs fine. The size of the ndb process also
stays within the data memory allocated in the config.ini file as shown below
(4GB).

But when I install the new versions, I get this excessive usage of RAM and
it does not limit to what is configured in the config.ini file in the mgmt
node.

Is there any difference in the way the data memory and Index memory has to
be defined in config.ini file for the newer versions?

Please help.

Best Regards,

Subodh