List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:kranthi Date:May 9 2011 6:44am
Subject:MySQL Cluster Installation
View as plain text
We have set up the Mysql Cluster and we follow the following steps

one management node and 2 data nodes and one sql node

The my.cnf files in Data node ‘A’, Data node ‘B’,SQL node were
updated with
following

[mysqld]
ndbcluster
ndb-connectstring=10.10.1.1

[mysql_cluster]
ndb-connectstring=10.10.1.1

Management Node config.ini:-

[ndbd default]
NoOfReplicas=2
DataMemory=80M
IndexMemory=18M

[ndb_mgmd]
hostname=10.10.1.1
datadir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster
[ndbd]
hostname=10.10.1.2
datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data

[ndbd]
hostname=10.10.1.3
datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data

[mysqld]
hostname=10.10.1.4

copy the config.ini file in 2 data nodes:-

scp config.ini 10.10.1.2:/var/lib/mysql-cluster/

scp config.ini 10.10.1.3:/var/lib/mysql-cluster/

The cluster was started in the following order:-

MGM node : ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini

Data nodes A and B : ndbd --initial

SQL node: mysqld_safe --user=mysql --ndbcluster --ndb-connectstring=
10.10.1.1:1186 &

Running show from ndb_mgm client on MGM node we get the following

Cluster Configuration
---------------------
[ndbd(NDB)]     2 node(s)
id=2    @10.10.1.2  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
id=3    @10.10.1.3  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0)

[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 1 node(s)
id=1    @10.10.1.1  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)

[mysqld(API)]   1 node(s)
id=4    @10.10.1.4  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)

ndb_mgm>

Following checks were done on the SQL node

1. Show Engines;

mysql> Show Engines;
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| Engine     | Support |
Comment                                                        |
Transactions | XA   | Savepoints |
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| ndbcluster | YES     | Clustered, fault-tolerant
tables                               | YES          | NO   | NO         |
| MRG_MYISAM | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM
tables                          | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| ndbinfo    | YES     | MySQL Cluster system information storage
engine                | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| CSV        | YES     | CSV storage
engine                                             | NO           | NO   |
NO         |
| MEMORY     | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary
tables      | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| FEDERATED  | NO      | Federated MySQL storage
engine                                 | NULL         | NULL | NULL       |
| ARCHIVE    | YES     | Archive storage
engine                                         | NO           | NO   |
NO         |
| InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
foreign keys     | YES          | YES  | YES        |
| MyISAM     | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
performance         | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| BLACKHOLE  | YES     | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to it
disappears) | NO           | NO   | NO         |
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show processlist;
+----+-------------+-----------+------+---------+------+-----------------------------------+------------------+
| Id | User        | Host      | db   | Command | Time |
State                             | Info             |
+----+-------------+-----------+------+---------+------+-----------------------------------+------------------+
|  1 | system user |           |      | Daemon  |    0 | Waiting for event
from ndbcluster | NULL             |
|  8 | root        | localhost | NULL | Query   |    0 |
NULL                              | show processlist |
+----+-------------+-----------+------+---------+------+-----------------------------------+------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

2) create database and table ;

mysql> create database hk;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> \u hk
Database changed
mysql> create table hh(id int(1)) engine=ndbcluster;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.05 sec)

mysql>

Following checks were done on the Data node 1:

mysql> show engines;
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| Engine     | Support |
Comment                                                        |
Transactions | XA   | Savepoints |
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| ndbcluster | YES     | Clustered, fault-tolerant
tables                               | YES          | NO   | NO         |
| MRG_MYISAM | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM
tables                          | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| ndbinfo    | YES     | MySQL Cluster system information storage
engine                | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| CSV        | YES     | CSV storage
engine                                             | NO           | NO   |
NO         |
| MEMORY     | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary
tables      | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| FEDERATED  | NO      | Federated MySQL storage
engine                                 | NULL         | NULL | NULL       |
| ARCHIVE    | YES     | Archive storage
engine                                         | NO           | NO   |
NO         |
| InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
foreign keys     | YES          | YES  | YES        |
| MyISAM     | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
performance         | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| BLACKHOLE  | YES     | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to it
disappears) | NO           | NO   | NO         |
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> create database hello1;
Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)

mysql> show warnings;
+-------+------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Level | Code |
Message

+-------+------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Error | 1296 | Got error 4009 'Cluster Failure' from NDB. Could not
acquire global schema lock |
+-------+------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> \u hello1
Database changed

mysql> create table nn(id int(1)) engine=ndbcluster;
ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table 'hellol.nn' (errno: 157)
mysql>

mysql> create table hh(id int(1));
Query OK, 0 rows affected, 2 warnings (0.04 sec)

mysql> show warnings;
+-------+------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Level | Code |
Message

+-------+------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Error | 1296 | Got error 4009 'Cluster Failure' from NDB. Could not
acquire global schema lock |
| Error | 1296 | Got error 4009 'Cluster Failure' from
NDB                                       |
+-------+------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show processlist;
+----+-------------+-----------+--------+---------+--------+---------------------------------+------------------+
| Id | User        | Host      | db     | Command | Time   |
State                           | Info             |
+----+-------------+-----------+--------+---------+--------+---------------------------------+------------------+
|  1 | system user |           | NULL   | Daemon  | 162545 | Waiting for
ndbcluster to start | NULL             |
|  6 | root        | localhost | hello1 | Query   |      0 |
NULL                            | show processlist |
+----+-------------+-----------+--------+---------+--------+---------------------------------+------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Please let us know how to overcome this and create the NDB tables

Thanks & Regards,
Kranthi

Thread
MySQL Cluster Installationkranthi9 May
  • Re: MySQL Cluster InstallationJon Stephens9 May
  • Re: MySQL Cluster InstallationStewart Smith11 May
Re: MySQL Cluster InstallationJon Stephens9 May