List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:csavino Date:May 5 2011 8:02pm
Subject:No free node id found
View as plain text
I¹m having an odd problem.  I¹m installing/configuring a new cluster using
ndb version 5.1.44-ndb-7.1.3.  I have 2 management nodes connected to
cluster with 2 data nodes and 4 sqld nodes connected.  I have 36 open
[mysqld] entries in the config.ini files with no hostnames or id¹s
specified.  I¹m trying to bring up a 5th sqld node and it won¹t connect to
the cluster.  I¹m getting the below error in the cluster log.

WARNING  -- Allocate nodeid (0) failed. Connection from ip 10.44.9.40.
Returned error string "No free node id found for mysqld(API)."
2011-05-05 13:45:35 [MgmtSrvr] INFO     -- Mgmt server state: node id's 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 connected but not reserved

Normally when I get this message I would think I needed to add mysqld
entries in the config file, but there are plenty available right now.  I
have tried restarting the management nodes several times after updating the
config.ini file with specific ids that were not being used, but that didn¹t
help.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Candice

Thread
No free node id foundcsavino5 May
  • Re: No free node id foundJohan Andersson5 May
    • Re: No free node id foundMassimo Brignoli5 May
Re: No free node id foundcsavino5 May