I have a strange issue that I was wondering if anyone has seen, of can give me a clue to
the cause. We have seen this on several different versions of the 7.1.x cluster. A
little background: Basically, have an application that is written and complied on a Sparc
Solaris box. We are moving to Linux, and for our system's next release, we are going to
move cluster onto Linux, but keep our application code on Sparc/Solaris. Our Linux boxes
are Intel chips. Initially, we did a lot of cluster testing where cluster was also on
We have started our longer overnight regression tests, and from time to time our
application will core from an issue in the C API. The core file is pointing to line 2516
of the client.c code. The function is mysql_fix_pointers. We only see this core when the
cluster (i.e. the ndb nodes, and the MySQLD nodes) is Linux on x86, and our application is
running on our Sparc Solaris boxs. If it helps, we are running the 64 bit version of
Thanks for any clues or help.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should
check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.