List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ivo Perich Date:April 8 2011 2:54pm
Subject:Re: Question about performance on MySQL Cluster 7.1
View as plain text
Thank you four your responses. Andrew I'll check the link out today...
thanks

Dave:

2011/4/8 Dave Caroline <dave.thearchivist@stripped>

> You will get far more performance by design and tuning of indexes and
> queries than you will by changing to ndb

I need scalability, so I think that ndb is the only way. My question, in the
end, is "Why could be the cluster giving worse performance than the
standalone mysql, if I have only selects, inserts, updates and deletes?" I
have tried configuring ndb and mysql but the performance doesn't change at
all.

> 5 qps is a very low load for a database server normally,

Remember that I said 5qps per user, if I have 1000 users (possible) it will
be 5000qps

> I followed your link at the bottom of your email, are you putting
> video data through mysql? best not to do that else use an engine that
> is designed for the job where the user connects direct to the stream.
> see
> http://www.blobstreaming.org/

Oh, no, I'm not doing that, the video is only a little part of the system
i'm working on right now. The webpage you visited is a very small tool, only
video and chat. Interesting link, though.

> Most performance problems can be addressed by correct system tuning
> and query indexing,
> this can give a 1000 times improvement to a badly performing query
> where other methods may only double performace and give you only a
> temporary improvement while you fix the real design problems

That's just i'm looking for! double or triple performance to have temporary
improvement, but with the cluster I'm having poorer performance. I would
like to feel that with 2 servers mysql do the job twice as fast, that's it.
As I said, I know that I have to improve my queries, but I really have to
get into it because I'm not an expert on the subject, so i would like to
have easy scalability through a mysql cluster. Sadly, there is no much
documentation about mysql cluster tuning, and i need scalability.

I guess that i will start to read about indexing and improvement of queries
anyway...

Thanks!

--
Regards

Ivo Perich

www.ubiqq.com

Thread
Question about performance on MySQL Cluster 7.1Ivo Perich8 Apr
  • RE: Question about performance on MySQL Cluster 7.1Andrew Morgan8 Apr
Re: Question about performance on MySQL Cluster 7.1Ivo Perich8 Apr
  • RE: Question about performance on MySQL Cluster 7.1Andrew Armstrong11 Apr