List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:April 6 2011 7:48am
Subject:Re: what is ndbinfo.diskpagebuffer.block_instance?
View as plain text
i (or really mr.google) also found this:
http://johanandersson.blogspot.com/2010/11/diskpagebuffermemory-tuning-and-disk.html

/Jonas

On 04/06/11 09:49, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I will do the "group by".
>
> regards
>
> Hendrik Woltersdorf
> XCOM AG
> Email: Hendrik.Woltersdorf@stripped
>

> *** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***
>
> Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist allein für
> den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt. Dritten ist das Lesen, Verteilen
> oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten, eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail
> unverzueglich vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.
>
> This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use of the
> intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding without express
> permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender and delete all copies.
>
> Hauptsitz: Bahnstrasse 37, D-47877 Willich, USt-IdNr.: DE 812 885 664
> Kommunikation: Telefon +49 2154 9209-70, Telefax +49 2154 9209-900, www.xcom.de
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 10340
> Vorstand: Matthias Albrecht, Dirk Franzmeyer, Dr. Rainer Fuchs, Marco Marty, Dirk
> Werner
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stefan H. TarachInactive hide details for Jonas
> Oreland ---06.04.2011 09:44:50---On 04/06/11 09:36, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:Jonas
> Oreland ---06.04.2011 09:44:50---On 04/06/11 09:36, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
>
>                         *Jonas Oreland <jonas.oreland@stripped>*
>
>                         06.04.2011 09:41
>

> An
>
> Hendrik Woltersdorf <hendrik.woltersdorf@stripped>
>
> Kopie
>
> Cluster <cluster@stripped>
>
> Thema
>
> Re: what is ndbinfo.diskpagebuffer.block_instance?
>

> On 04/06/11 09:36, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I query ndbinfo.diskpagebuffer for hitratio as shown in
>>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-cluster-excerpt/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-ndbinfo-diskpagebuffer.html
>>
>> In different clusters I get a different number of rows per node-id
>> depending on the number of "block_instance"s per node-id.
>>
>> This column (block_instance) is not really documented for table
>> diskpagebuffer. What does it mean here and is this information of any value
>> for me?
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Hendrik Woltersdorf
>> XCOM AG
>> Email: Hendrik.Woltersdorf@stripped
>
> In the multi-threaded data-node,
> there are multiple instance of the disk-page-buffer-cache.
>
> the "block_instance" show from which instance the numbers reported are.
>
>> is this information of any value for me
>
> i'd say no...
>
> however, the suggested select to get hit-ratio, on link you provided
> should be changed, to perform a group by node_id
>
> e.g
>
> SELECT node_id, 100 * SUM(page_requests_direct_return) /
> [...]

Thread
what is ndbinfo.diskpagebuffer.block_instance?Hendrik Woltersdorf6 Apr
  • Re: what is ndbinfo.diskpagebuffer.block_instance?Jonas Oreland6 Apr
    • Re: Re: what is ndbinfo.diskpagebuffer.block_instance?Hendrik Woltersdorf6 Apr
      • Re: what is ndbinfo.diskpagebuffer.block_instance?Jonas Oreland6 Apr