List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hendrik Woltersdorf Date:February 24 2011 8:36am
Subject:Antwort: Re: increasing memory usage after restart of datanodes
View as plain text
Hi,

we do monitor memory usage of cause; management server log atm., soon with
the ndbinfo database. But that's pointless if the numbers reported from the
cluster are wrong.

regards

Hendrik Woltersdorf
XCOM AG
Email: Hendrik.Woltersdorf@stripped

             Jonas Oreland
             <jonas.oreland@or
             acle.com>                                                  An

                                        Hendrik Woltersdorf
             24.02.2011 09:29           <hendrik.woltersdorf@stripped>
                                                                     Kopie
                                        cluster@lists.mysql.com
                                                                     Thema
                                        Re: increasing memory usage after
                                        restart of datanodes

On 02/24/11 09:24, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get _very_ different numbers of the used data memory before and after a
> node restart in a cluster.
>
> - If no, how can memory usage increase so much because of a restart?

most likely the numbers before restart were wrong...there has been a couple
of bug-fixes
in that area "lately" (last 6 month or so)...but don't have numbers at to
of head

> - What can I do to prevent running out of memory without knowing it?

there are various way to monitor memory usage,
e.g in 7.1 the ndbinfo-database is added...
  or ndb_log_events...

maybe look at
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/monitoring-mysql-cluster-with-mysql-enterprise-monitor/

/Jonas

> regards
>
> Hendrik Woltersdorf
> XCOM AG
> Email: Hendrik.Woltersdorf@stripped
>

> *** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***
>
> Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist
allein
> für den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt. Dritten ist
> das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir
bitten,
> eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzueglich vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns
> eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.
>
> This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use
> of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or
forwarding
> without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
>
> Hauptsitz: Bahnstrasse 37, D-47877 Willich, USt-IdNr.: DE 812 885 664
> Kommunikation: Telefon +49 2154 9209-70, Telefax +49 2154 9209-900,
> www.xcom.de
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 10340
> Vorstand: Matthias Albrecht, Dirk Franzmeyer, Dr. Rainer Fuchs, Marco
> Marty, Dirk Werner
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stefan H. Tarach

*** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***

Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist allein
für den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt. Dritten ist
das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten,
eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzueglich vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns
eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.

This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use
of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding
without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Hauptsitz: Bahnstrasse 37, D-47877 Willich, USt-IdNr.: DE 812 885 664
Kommunikation: Telefon +49 2154 9209-70, Telefax +49 2154 9209-900,
www.xcom.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 10340
Vorstand: Matthias Albrecht, Dirk Franzmeyer, Dr. Rainer Fuchs, Marco
Marty, Dirk Werner
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stefan H. TarachAttachment: [text/html]
increasing memory usage after restart of datanodesHendrik Woltersdorf24 Feb
  • Re: increasing memory usage after restart of datanodesJonas Oreland24 Feb
    • Antwort: Re: increasing memory usage after restart of datanodesHendrik Woltersdorf24 Feb