List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hendrik Woltersdorf Date:February 24 2011 8:24am
Subject:increasing memory usage after restart of datanodes
View as plain text
Hi,

I get _very_ different numbers of the used data memory before and after a
node restart in a cluster.

Before:

Node 10: Data usage is 7%
Node 10: Index usage is 8%
Node 11: Data usage is 7%
Node 11: Index usage is 8%

After restart of node 11:

Node 10: Data usage is 6%
Node 10: Index usage is 6%
Node 11: Data usage is 20%
Node 11: Index usage is 6%

After restart of node 10:

Node 10: Data usage is 21%
Node 10: Index usage is 6%
Node 11: Data usage is 20%
Node 11: Index usage is 6%

I am using: Server version: 5.1.51-ndb-7.1.9a-cluster-gpl-log MySQL Cluster
Server (GPL) (64bit) on CentOS release 5.2.
The numbers from the management server log are the same as in table
ndbinfo.memoryusage. A difference of one or two percent downward might be
caused by cleaning jobs, deleting old data during the night (from 7% to
6%).

The cluster was up and running for 21 days. That was the day when I did an
upgrade from version 7.0.13 to 7.1.9a.

The amount of data in the tables (without indexes) is approximately 1,1GB,
the data memory 10GB.
So 20% seems more reasonable then 6%.

My questions:

- Are the numbers before the restarts wrong?
- If yes, is this a known bug?
- If no, how can memory usage increase so much because of a restart?
- What can I do to prevent running out of memory without knowing it?

regards

Hendrik Woltersdorf
XCOM AG
Email: Hendrik.Woltersdorf@stripped

*** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***

Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist allein
für den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt. Dritten ist
das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten,
eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzueglich vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns
eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.

This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use
of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding
without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Hauptsitz: Bahnstrasse 37, D-47877 Willich, USt-IdNr.: DE 812 885 664
Kommunikation: Telefon +49 2154 9209-70, Telefax +49 2154 9209-900,
www.xcom.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 10340
Vorstand: Matthias Albrecht, Dirk Franzmeyer, Dr. Rainer Fuchs, Marco
Marty, Dirk Werner
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stefan H. Tarach
Thread
increasing memory usage after restart of datanodesHendrik Woltersdorf24 Feb
  • Re: increasing memory usage after restart of datanodesJonas Oreland24 Feb
    • Antwort: Re: increasing memory usage after restart of datanodesHendrik Woltersdorf24 Feb