List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:February 22 2011 1:02am
Subject:Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properly
View as plain text
Hi folks,

Great help I've received from you, everything make sense now.

Thanks for the attention you had with this case. After to understand that
all client programs must read configuration file from the Management Node
first and then execute searches on Storage Nodes, I am executing a lot of
sort of flags with "ndb_desc" and other cluster client programs.

We talk soon...

Best regards.
--
Wagner Bianchi

>>> id=3    @192.168.0.103  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
>>> id=4    @192.168.0.104  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0)
>>> id=5    @192.168.0.105  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 1)

>>> id=1    @192.168.0.100  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)

>>> id=11   @192.168.0.111  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
>>> id=12   @192.168.0.112  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
>>> id=13   @192.168.0.113  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
>>> id=14   @192.168.0.114  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
>>> id=15 (not connected, accepting connect from any host)
>>> ###
>>>
>>> I created the below database and table structure on someone SQL/API node:
>>>
>>> # commands below were executed on SQL/API node
>>> mysql> create database foo;
>>> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.36 sec)
>>>
>>> mysql> create table foo.t1 (
>>>   ->   id int,
>>>   ->   unique key(id)
>>>   -> ) engine=ndbcluster
>>>   -> partition by key()
>>>   -> partitions 2;
>>> Query OK, 0 rows affected (2.74 sec)
>>> #
>>>
>>> After to created the database and mentioned table, I've checked on all
>>> SQL
>>> nodes if that created structure were visible on all nodes and it is OK.
>>> Now,
>>> I am trying to retrieve information from database structures on Storage
>>> Nodes using "ndb_desc". I am issuing the command below and getting the
>>> same
>>> error every time:
>>>
>>> # Commands below were executed on Storage Node
>>> [root@node4 ~]# ndb_desc --ndb-nodeid=3 -c 192.168.0.104 t1 -d foo -p
>>> Unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=3,192.168.0.104:1186
>>> Retrying every 5 seconds. Attempts left: 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
>>> #
>>>
>>> I don't know whether I am missing something or even misunderstood how
>>> execute ndb_desc client program. I wonder if ndb_desc doesn't work
>>> properly,
>>> any other program will not work as well. I was researching on the web and
>>> found if I create new SQL/API - [mysqld] - slot in configuration file, it
>>> will work, but, no luck until this moment.
>>>
>>> Could you give some hints or tips about it?
>>>
>>> Thank you friends.
>>>
>>> Best regards.
>>> --
>>> Wagner Bianchi
>>>

> --
> Frazer Clement, Senior Software Engineer,
> MySQL Cluster / Oracle - www.mysql.com
> Office: Edinburgh, UK
>
> Are you MySQL certified?  www.mysql.com/certification

Thread
Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi20 Feb
  • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyJohan Andersson21 Feb
    • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyFrazer Clement21 Feb
      • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi22 Feb