List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:February 21 2011 5:30am
Subject:Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properly
View as plain text
Hi,

Slot number three is already used by the data node.
Start ndb_desc without --ndb-nodeid

Best regards
Johan

Get a good start at
www.severalnines.com/

Sent from my iPad

On 20 feb 2011, at 23:39, Wagner Bianchi <wagnerbianchijr@stripped> wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> After to configure all cluster's nodes, i am interesting to execute some
> tests with some client programs which are available after the MySQL Cluster
> tools package installation.
>
> This is the configuration of my MySQL Cluster:
>
> ###
> [root@node1 ~]# ndb_mgm
> -- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
> ndb_mgm> show
> Connected to Management Server at: localhost:1186
> Cluster Configuration
> ---------------------
> [ndbd(NDB)]     4 node(s)
> id=3    @192.168.0.103  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
> id=4    @192.168.0.104  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0)
> id=5    @192.168.0.105  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 1)
> id=6    @192.168.0.106  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 1)
>
> [ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 2 node(s)
> id=1    @192.168.0.100  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
> id=2    @192.168.0.101  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
>
> [mysqld(API)]   5 node(s)
> id=11   @192.168.0.111  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
> id=12   @192.168.0.112  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
> id=13   @192.168.0.113  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
> id=14   @192.168.0.114  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
> id=15 (not connected, accepting connect from any host)
> ###
>
> I created the below database and table structure on someone SQL/API node:
>
> # commands below were executed on SQL/API node
> mysql> create database foo;
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.36 sec)
>
> mysql> create table foo.t1 (
>    ->   id int,
>    ->   unique key(id)
>    -> ) engine=ndbcluster
>    -> partition by key()
>    -> partitions 2;
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (2.74 sec)
> #
>
> After to created the database and mentioned table, I've checked on all SQL
> nodes if that created structure were visible on all nodes and it is OK. Now,
> I am trying to retrieve information from database structures on Storage
> Nodes using "ndb_desc". I am issuing the command below and getting the same
> error every time:
>
> # Commands below were executed on Storage Node
> [root@node4 ~]# ndb_desc --ndb-nodeid=3 -c 192.168.0.104 t1 -d foo -p
> Unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=3,192.168.0.104:1186
> Retrying every 5 seconds. Attempts left: 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
> #
>
> I don't know whether I am missing something or even misunderstood how
> execute ndb_desc client program. I wonder if ndb_desc doesn't work properly,
> any other program will not work as well. I was researching on the web and I
> found if I create new SQL/API - [mysqld] - slot in configuration file, it
> will work, but, no luck until this moment.
>
> Could you give some hints or tips about it?
>
> Thank you friends.
>
> Best regards.
> --
> [...]
Thread
Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi20 Feb
  • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyJohan Andersson21 Feb
    • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyFrazer Clement21 Feb
      • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi22 Feb