List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:February 20 2011 10:39pm
Subject:Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properly
View as plain text
Hi Friends,

After to configure all cluster's nodes, i am interesting to execute some
tests with some client programs which are available after the MySQL Cluster
tools package installation.

This is the configuration of my MySQL Cluster:

[root@node1 ~]# ndb_mgm
-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
ndb_mgm> show
Connected to Management Server at: localhost:1186
Cluster Configuration
[ndbd(NDB)]     4 node(s)
id=3    @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
id=4    @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0)
id=5    @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 1)
id=6    @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 1)

[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 2 node(s)
id=1    @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=2    @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)

[mysqld(API)]   5 node(s)
id=11   @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=12   @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=13   @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=14   @  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=15 (not connected, accepting connect from any host)

I created the below database and table structure on someone SQL/API node:

# commands below were executed on SQL/API node
mysql> create database foo;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.36 sec)

mysql> create table foo.t1 (
    ->   id int,
    ->   unique key(id)
    -> ) engine=ndbcluster
    -> partition by key()
    -> partitions 2;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (2.74 sec)

After to created the database and mentioned table, I've checked on all SQL
nodes if that created structure were visible on all nodes and it is OK. Now,
I am trying to retrieve information from database structures on Storage
Nodes using "ndb_desc". I am issuing the command below and getting the same
error every time:

# Commands below were executed on Storage Node
[root@node4 ~]# ndb_desc --ndb-nodeid=3 -c t1 -d foo -p
Unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=3,
Retrying every 5 seconds. Attempts left: 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4

I don't know whether I am missing something or even misunderstood how
execute ndb_desc client program. I wonder if ndb_desc doesn't work properly,
any other program will not work as well. I was researching on the web and I
found if I create new SQL/API - [mysqld] - slot in configuration file, it
will work, but, no luck until this moment.

Could you give some hints or tips about it?

Thank you friends.

Best regards.
Wagner Bianchi

Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi20 Feb
  • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyJohan Andersson21 Feb
    • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyFrazer Clement21 Feb
      • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi22 Feb