List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:February 20 2011 10:39pm
Subject:Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properly
View as plain text
Hi Friends,

After to configure all cluster's nodes, i am interesting to execute some
tests with some client programs which are available after the MySQL Cluster
tools package installation.

This is the configuration of my MySQL Cluster:

###
[root@node1 ~]# ndb_mgm
-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
ndb_mgm> show
Connected to Management Server at: localhost:1186
Cluster Configuration
---------------------
[ndbd(NDB)]     4 node(s)
id=3    @192.168.0.103  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
id=4    @192.168.0.104  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 0)
id=5    @192.168.0.105  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 1)
id=6    @192.168.0.106  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10, Nodegroup: 1)

[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 2 node(s)
id=1    @192.168.0.100  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=2    @192.168.0.101  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)

[mysqld(API)]   5 node(s)
id=11   @192.168.0.111  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=12   @192.168.0.112  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=13   @192.168.0.113  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=14   @192.168.0.114  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.10)
id=15 (not connected, accepting connect from any host)
###

I created the below database and table structure on someone SQL/API node:

# commands below were executed on SQL/API node
mysql> create database foo;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.36 sec)

mysql> create table foo.t1 (
    ->   id int,
    ->   unique key(id)
    -> ) engine=ndbcluster
    -> partition by key()
    -> partitions 2;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (2.74 sec)
#

After to created the database and mentioned table, I've checked on all SQL
nodes if that created structure were visible on all nodes and it is OK. Now,
I am trying to retrieve information from database structures on Storage
Nodes using "ndb_desc". I am issuing the command below and getting the same
error every time:

# Commands below were executed on Storage Node
[root@node4 ~]# ndb_desc --ndb-nodeid=3 -c 192.168.0.104 t1 -d foo -p
Unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=3,192.168.0.104:1186
Retrying every 5 seconds. Attempts left: 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
#

I don't know whether I am missing something or even misunderstood how
execute ndb_desc client program. I wonder if ndb_desc doesn't work properly,
any other program will not work as well. I was researching on the web and I
found if I create new SQL/API - [mysqld] - slot in configuration file, it
will work, but, no luck until this moment.

Could you give some hints or tips about it?

Thank you friends.

Best regards.
--
Wagner Bianchi

Thread
Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi20 Feb
  • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyJohan Andersson21 Feb
    • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyFrazer Clement21 Feb
      • Re: Custer is working fine but ndb_desc doesn't work properlyWagner Bianchi22 Feb