List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Sturm Date:February 17 2011 4:29pm
Subject:RE: best load balancing method for MySQL Cluster
View as plain text
I doubt there's any single "best way" to do it.  We used LVS
(http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/) with good results.

(I'm sure BigIP is fine too, but LVS might be simpler/cheaper to
implement for users who are comfortable managing Linux servers.)

Beware of applications that utilize connection pooling.  Unfortunately
it's common to see applications that preserve idle connections for
several hours.  With load balancing in place, those connections will be
allocated to real servers as they are created.  If you change the
weights of real servers (for instance to direct traffic away from a
heavily-used cluster node) connection pooling tends to delay the effect.

To overcome this we've turned down wait_timeout aggressively on our
mysqld nodes, as low as 60 seconds.

-Jeff

MySQL cluster's
> mysqld nodes used in production.
>
> Can we use F5 Big-IP LTM to load balance MYSQL?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Laehr

Thread
best load balancing method for MySQL Clusterlaehr mistry16 Feb
  • Re: best load balancing method for MySQL Clustersushant chawla16 Feb
  • RE: best load balancing method for MySQL ClusterAndrew Morgan16 Feb
    • Re: best load balancing method for MySQL ClusterWagner Bianchi16 Feb
      • Re: best load balancing method for MySQL Clusterlaehr mistry17 Feb
        • Re: best load balancing method for MySQL ClusterJason Brooke18 Feb
      • Re: best load balancing method for MySQL ClusterEber Duarte22 Feb
  • Re: best load balancing method for MySQL ClusterJason Brooke16 Feb
  • RE: best load balancing method for MySQL ClusterJeff Sturm17 Feb