List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geert Vanderkelen Date:December 17 2010 12:23pm
Subject:Re: What version to use
View as plain text
Hi Peter,

On Dec 17, 2010, at 13:01 , Peter Sørensen wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a little uncertain on what version to use. I'm currently using 7.09 but when I
> google around it seems
> that the versions after 7.1 and forward require a commercial license. Is that the
> case?
> Or can I stick with the open source version.

MySQL Cluster is released under the GPL, you can use it, respecting the license of course
v7.1 is the way to go yes. Don't wait on Linux distributions to catch up.

Geert Vanderkelen
Oracle, MySQL Senior Support Engineer

ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG
Registered Office: Riesstr. 25, 80992 Muenchen, Germany
Commercial Register: Local Court Of Munich, HRA 95603

General Partner: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
Register Of Chamber Of Commerce: Midden-Niederlande, No. 30143697
Managing Directors: Juergen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven

What version to usePeter Sørensen17 Dec
  • Re: What version to useGeert Vanderkelen17 Dec
    • Re: What version to useMat Keep18 Dec
    • RE: What version to usePeter Sørensen20 Dec
      • RE: What version to useAndrew Morgan20 Dec