List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:October 7 2004 6:30pm
Subject:Re: Problems with an API node
View as plain text
Phil,

hard to see what is wrong.  No printout from mysqld?

I would reccommend one the following:

- choose if you want to specify id's or not on your [MGM,DB,
API/MYSQLD].  Do not mix using them and not. (not the problem here though)
- choose to use ip-addressed through out or host names through out
(ip-addresses is easier to chase down error with, removes possibility of
error in /etc/hosts)

I would try the following config.ini:
(remove all Ndb.cfg's and NDB_CONNECTSTRING's on all you machines)

[ndb_mgmd]
HostName= 192.168.2.246
[ndbd default]
NoOfReplicas= 2
FileSystemPath= /home/phil
[ndbd]
HostName= 192.168.2.246
[ndbd]
HostName= 192.168.2.247
[mysqld]
[mysqld]
[mysqld]

edit your my.cnf and add
[mysqld]
ndbcluster
ndb-connectstring=192.168.2.246:2200

now on 192.168.2.246
ndb_mgmd -c config.ini
ndbd -c 192.168.2.246:2200

now on 192.168.2.247
ndbd -c 192.168.2.246:2200

and on any machine with the above my.cnf:
mysqld &

Let me know if it works for you or not.

BR,

Tomas

Phil wrote:

>Maybe im not doing this right, as everyone else it seems is able to
>connect other API nodes to their mgm server.
>
>No matter what i seem to do this one mysqld wont connect. Ive tried
>putting an Ndb.cfg file in the datadir, ive tried exporting it to export
>NDB_CONNECTSTRING="host=ndb1:2200" ive tried the mysql-test ( and it
>passed the ndb tests without error ). Is there something im missing?
>
>== Config.ini ==
>
>[COMPUTER]
>Id:1
>#ByteOrder: Little
>HostName: ndb1
>
>[COMPUTER]
>Id: 2
>HostName: ndb2
>
>[MGM]
>Id:1
>ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>
>[DB DEFAULT]
>NoOfReplicas=2
>
>[DB]
>Id: 2
>ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>FileSystemPath: /home/phil/ndb_data1
>
>[DB]
>Id: 4
>ExecuteOnComputer: 2
>FileSystemPath: /home/phil/ndb_data2
>

>[API]
>Id: 3
>ExecuteOnComputer: 2
>
>[MYSQLD]
>[MYSQLD]
>

>#[TCP]
>#NodeId1: 1
>#NodeId2: 2
>
>#[TCP]
>#NodeId1: 2
>#NodeId2: 3
>
>#[TCP]
>#NodeId1: 2
>#NodeId2: 4
>
>#[TCP]
>#NodeId1: 4
>#NodeId2: 5
>
>== Computer 1  Ndb.cfg ==
>nodeid=2
>host=127.0.0.1:2200
>
>== Computer 2 Ndb.cfg ==
>nodeid=4
>host=192.168.2.246:2200
>

>== Mysqld 1 Ndb.cfg ==
>nodeid=5
>host=127.0.0.1:2200
>
>== Mysqld 2 Ndb.cfg ==
>nodeid=3
>host=192.168.2.246:2200
>

>== ndb_mgm ==
>
>NDB> all status
>Node 2: started (Version 3.5.1)
>
>Node 4: started (Version 3.5.1)
>
>NDB> show
>Cluster Configuration
>---------------------
>[ndbd(NDB)]     2 node(s)
>id=2    @127.0.0.1  (Version: 3.5.1, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
>id=4    @192.168.2.247  (Version: 3.5.1, Nodegroup: 0)
>
>[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 1 node(s)
>id=1    @192.168.2.246  (Version: 3.5.1)
>
>[mysqld(API)]   3 node(s)
>id=3 (not connected, accepting connect from ndb2)
>id=5    @127.0.0.1  (Version: 3.5.1)
>id=6 (not connected, accepting connect from any host)

> [...]

Thread
Problems with an API nodePhil7 Oct
  • Re: Problems with an API nodeTomas Ulin7 Oct
    • Re: Problems with an API nodePhil7 Oct
      • Questions about NDBClusterPhil7 Oct
        • Re: Questions about NDBClusterChad Martin8 Oct
          • Re: Questions about NDBClusterTomas Ulin8 Oct