List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:December 1 2010 6:56am
Subject:Re: Question concerning ndbd --initial
View as plain text
Hi,

Here is the procedure in the ref manual for  what you want to do:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-cluster-rolling-restart.html

Some config changes (redo log, datadir) requires that you restart the data node with
--initial.

If you run the --initial on one data node at the time you are safe, it will only clears
its local filesystem to recreate redo log files e.g

if you run --initial on all data nodes at the same time, you will clear the data.

BR
johan