List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Sørensen Date:December 1 2010 6:26am
Subject:Question concerning ndbd --initial
View as plain text

I have found the following procedure to handle a change in the cluster configuration file:
5 How To Restart The Cluster
Now let's asume you want to restart the MySQL cluster, for example because you have
changed /etc/mysql/ndb_mgmd.cnf on or for some other reason. To do this,
you use the ndb_mgm cluster management client on

# ndb_mgm
On the ndb_mgm console, you type shutdown;
You will then see something like this:
ndb_mgm> shutdown;
Node 3: Cluster shutdown initiated
Node 2: Node shutdown completed.
2 NDB Cluster node(s) have shutdown.
NDB Cluster management server shutdown.

This means that the cluster data nodes and and also the cluster
management server have shut down.
Type quit;
to leave the ndb_mgm console.

To start the cluster management server, do this on
# rm /usr/mysql-cluster/ndb_1_config.bin.1 (nessacary to remove the cached config file)
# service mysql-ndb-mgm start
and on and you can run /
or, if you have changed /etc/mysql/ndb_mgmd.cnf on
ndbd --initial
Afterwards, you can check on if the cluster has restarted:
# ndb_mgm
On the ndb_mgm console, type
to see the current status of the cluster. It might take a few seconds after a restart
until all nodes are reported as connected.
Type quit;
to leave the ndb_mgm console.

I am uncertain on the ndbd --initial . Won't that reset all my clustered data ??

Peter Sørensen/Univ. of Southern Denmark/email: maspsr@stripped
Question concerning ndbd --initialPeter Sørensen1 Dec
  • Re: Question concerning ndbd --initialJohan Andersson1 Dec
    • RE: Question concerning ndbd --initialPeter Sørensen1 Dec