List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:artfire-kyle Date:November 22 2010 5:55pm
Subject:RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose Connection
View as plain text
Thank you both for your responses.

After more testing this is what I have found.

I setup a PHP script that connects to the cluster and loops a dummy query
via a cron job. The connection is never lost when there is always something
being sent to the cluster.  So it seems this problem only occurs if the
cluster is left idle for n amount of time.

This suggests the firewall is not blocking the remote connection. Also I do
not believe it is a memory issue, as I have not even imported my database
into the cluster yet, so only the default tables exist.

Any other thoughts as to why the connection would be unavailable remotely if
the cluster does not receive any queries for a random amount of time?

Thanks again.
MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose Connectionartfire-kyle18 Nov
  • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose ConnectionAndrew Morgan19 Nov
    • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose Connectionartfire-kyle19 Nov
      • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose ConnectionAndrew Morgan19 Nov
      • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose ConnectionJeff Sturm19 Nov
        • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose Connectionartfire-kyle22 Nov
          • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose ConnectionJeff Sturm22 Nov
            • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose ConnectionBradley Watkins22 Nov
          • RE: MySQL CLuster Data Nodes Lose ConnectionMatthew Boehm22 Nov