List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Ennis Date:October 27 2010 12:24pm
Subject:Re: testing the cluster
View as plain text
  Well.. Everything is a node.

Management node
Data node
SQL node

It does specify SQL node..

-david

On 27/10/10 13:02, stefano ppp wrote:
> Hi Geert,
> I past the quote from here:
>
> http://book.opensourceproject.org.cn/lamp/mysql/mysqlcluster/opensource/0672328550/ch01lev1sec4.html
> at the end of the page.
>
> Regards
> Stefano
>
> 2010/10/27 Geert Vanderkelen<geert.vanderkelen@stripped>
>
>> Stefano,
>>
>> Oops, seems I left out the mailing list.
>>
>> On Oct 27, 2010, at 13:12 , stefano ppp wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Geert, and thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> I'm using MySQL5.0 because the system I'm working on always used Debian
>> package and my boss prefere continuing in this way, so maybe there'll be no
>> way to use MySQL Cluster 7.1 at moment. Do you really think this is a
>> problem? I know there are a huge amount of improvement but maybe but I
>> thought I could survive also without... am I wrong?
>>
>> Your boss might have preferences, but MySQL 5.0 NDB should not be used.
>> MySQL Cluster 7.1 and later is the way to go.
>>
>> Maybe should stop using Debian and try Red Hat/CentOS for which we have
>> RPMS? (We sadly have no debian packages still).
>>
>> ..
>>> ok, I modified a record on one SQL Node and I saw the changes on the
>> second SQL Node, so all is going right.
>>> Finally, so, the only thing i'm not understanding is about the sentence
>> of the documentation I found:
>>> "The final thing you are likely to want to check is that all your SQL
>> nodes are actually working, so if you insert one row on one node, it does
>> appear on all the others. You can do this by logging in to each storage node
>> and  inserting another row before selecting all rows"
>>> How can I log in to each storage node and insert nother row on a table?
>>  From where do you paste this quote? Where in our manual is this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Geert
>>
>> --
>> Geert Vanderkelen
>> Oracle, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
>>
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&   Co. KG
>> Registered Office: Riesstr. 25, 80992 Muenchen, Germany
>> Commercial Register: Local Court Of Munich, HRA 95603
>>
>> General Partner: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
>> Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
>> Register Of Chamber Of Commerce: Midden-Niederlande, No. 30143697
>> Managing Directors: Juergen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der
>> Ven

Thread
testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
  • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
      • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
        • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
Re: testing the clusterGeert Vanderkelen27 Oct
  • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterDavid Ennis27 Oct
      • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct