List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:stefano ppp Date:October 27 2010 12:02pm
Subject:Re: testing the cluster
View as plain text
Hi Geert,
I past the quote from here:
http://book.opensourceproject.org.cn/lamp/mysql/mysqlcluster/opensource/0672328550/ch01lev1sec4.html
at the end of the page.

Regards
Stefano

2010/10/27 Geert Vanderkelen <geert.vanderkelen@stripped>

> Stefano,
>
> Oops, seems I left out the mailing list.
>
> On Oct 27, 2010, at 13:12 , stefano ppp wrote:
>
> > Hi Geert, and thanks for your help.
> >
> > I'm using MySQL5.0 because the system I'm working on always used Debian
> package and my boss prefere continuing in this way, so maybe there'll be no
> way to use MySQL Cluster 7.1 at moment. Do you really think this is a
> problem? I know there are a huge amount of improvement but maybe but I
> thought I could survive also without... am I wrong?
>
> Your boss might have preferences, but MySQL 5.0 NDB should not be used.
> MySQL Cluster 7.1 and later is the way to go.
>
> Maybe should stop using Debian and try Red Hat/CentOS for which we have
> RPMS? (We sadly have no debian packages still).
>
> ..
> > ok, I modified a record on one SQL Node and I saw the changes on the
> second SQL Node, so all is going right.
> >
> > Finally, so, the only thing i'm not understanding is about the sentence
> of the documentation I found:
> > "The final thing you are likely to want to check is that all your SQL
> nodes are actually working, so if you insert one row on one node, it does
> appear on all the others. You can do this by logging in to each storage node
> and  inserting another row before selecting all rows"
> >
> > How can I log in to each storage node and insert nother row on a table?
>
> From where do you paste this quote? Where in our manual is this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geert
>
> --
> Geert Vanderkelen
> Oracle, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
>
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG
> Registered Office: Riesstr. 25, 80992 Muenchen, Germany
> Commercial Register: Local Court Of Munich, HRA 95603
>
> General Partner: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
> Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
> Register Of Chamber Of Commerce: Midden-Niederlande, No. 30143697
> Managing Directors: Juergen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der
> Ven

Thread
testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
  • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
      • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
        • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
Re: testing the clusterGeert Vanderkelen27 Oct
  • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterDavid Ennis27 Oct
      • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct