List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geert Vanderkelen Date:October 27 2010 11:52am
Subject:Re: testing the cluster
View as plain text
Stefano,

Oops, seems I left out the mailing list.

On Oct 27, 2010, at 13:12 , stefano ppp wrote:

> Hi Geert, and thanks for your help.
>
> I'm using MySQL5.0 because the system I'm working on always used Debian package and
> my boss prefere continuing in this way, so maybe there'll be no way to use MySQL Cluster
> 7.1 at moment. Do you really think this is a problem? I know there are a huge amount of
> improvement but maybe but I thought I could survive also without... am I wrong?

Your boss might have preferences, but MySQL 5.0 NDB should not be used. MySQL Cluster 7.1
and later is the way to go.

Maybe should stop using Debian and try Red Hat/CentOS for which we have RPMS? (We sadly
have no debian packages still).

..
> ok, I modified a record on one SQL Node and I saw the changes on the second SQL Node,
> so all is going right.
>
> Finally, so, the only thing i'm not understanding is about the sentence of the
> documentation I found:
> "The final thing you are likely to want to check is that all your SQL nodes are
> actually working, so if you insert one row on one node, it does appear on all the others.
> You can do this by logging in to each storage node and  inserting another row before
> selecting all rows"
>
> How can I log in to each storage node and insert nother row on a table?

From where do you paste this quote? Where in our manual is this?

Cheers,

Geert

--
Geert Vanderkelen
Oracle, MySQL Senior Support Engineer

ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG
Registered Office: Riesstr. 25, 80992 Muenchen, Germany
Commercial Register: Local Court Of Munich, HRA 95603

General Partner: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
Register Of Chamber Of Commerce: Midden-Niederlande, No. 30143697
Managing Directors: Juergen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven

Thread
testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
  • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
      • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
        • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
Re: testing the clusterGeert Vanderkelen27 Oct
  • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterDavid Ennis27 Oct
      • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct