List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:October 27 2010 10:41am
Subject:RE: testing the cluster
View as plain text
Hi Stefano,

 My first comment would be to do your testing with MySQL Cluster 7.1 - a huge amount has
improved since 5.0. Also make sure that you use the MySQL Server (mysqld) binaries that
come with the Cluster binaries as it is different to the regular MySQL 5.1 version.

 When storing your tables with the ndb storage engine, the mysqlds act as interface nodes
- all of the data is held in the data nodes. The test you should do is to add through one
mysqld and then check for the rows from the second mysqld - the changes should be
instantly visible.

 The names of the database doesn't match to a file on the data nodes. If you look in the
data directories for the data nodes then you should see that files get created there but
they don't represent the database name(s). Note that by default Cluster stores the data
in memory but checkpoints the data to disk asynchronously to help with recovery.

Regards, Andrew.

Thread
testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
  • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
      • RE: testing the clusterAndrew Morgan27 Oct
        • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
Re: testing the clusterGeert Vanderkelen27 Oct
  • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct
    • Re: testing the clusterDavid Ennis27 Oct
      • Re: testing the clusterstefano ppp27 Oct