List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike van Lammeren Date:October 22 2010 5:52pm
Subject:Re: Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selecting
new candidate
View as plain text
Here is a bit more information. I get a different error when I try to start
an ndb node from the ndb_mgm console:

ndb_mgm> 3 start
Start failed.
*    22: Error
*        No contact with the process (dead ?).: Permanent error: Application
error

Mike van Lammeren

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Mike van Lammeren
<mike@stripped>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've been following this excellent mailing list for over a year now, and I
> just know someone can help me with my problem!
>
> I have a new cluster of VMs running Ubuntu 10.04, with MySQL Cluster 7.1
> installed. I used the configurator from severalnines.com to build and
> install the cluster. These VMs are strictly for development purposes, but we
> will be going to real hardware in a few weeks. I have been successfully
> running a very similar set-up with MySQL Cluster 7.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 VMs for
> about a year.
>
> When I try to start my new cluster, the mgmd nodes seem to start OK. But
> when I try to start the ndbd nodes, I see this error in the log:
>
> 2010-10-22 12:25:40 [ndbd] INFO     -- Start phase 0 completed
> 2010-10-22 12:25:40 [ndbd] INFO     -- Start phase 0 completed
> 2010-10-22 12:25:40 [ndbd] INFO     -- CM_REGREF from Node 3 to our Node 3.
> Cause = Election without selecting new candidate
>

> Here are the pertinent lines from my config.ini
>
> [NDB_MGMD DEFAULT]
> PortNumber=1186
> Datadir=/data/mysqlcluster/
>
> [NDB_MGMD]
> NodeId=1
> Hostname=192.168.0.225
> LogDestination=FILE:filename=ndb_1_cluster.log,maxsize=10000000,maxfiles=6
> ArbitrationRank=1
>
> [NDB_MGMD]
> NodeId=2
> Hostname=192.168.0.226
> LogDestination=FILE:filename=ndb_2_cluster.log,maxsize=10000000,maxfiles=6
> ArbitrationRank=1
>
> [NDBD DEFAULT]
> NoOfReplicas=2
> Datadir=/data/mysqlcluster/
>

> I've been stuck on this problem for a day now. Any help or advice would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike van Lammeren

Thread
Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selecting new candidateMike van Lammeren22 Oct
  • Re: Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selectingnew candidateMike van Lammeren22 Oct
  • Re: Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selectingnew candidateMagnus BlĂ„udd25 Oct
Re: Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selectingnew candidateMike van Lammeren25 Oct