List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike van Lammeren Date:October 22 2010 4:38pm
Subject:Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selecting new candidate
View as plain text
Hello!

I've been following this excellent mailing list for over a year now, and I
just know someone can help me with my problem!

I have a new cluster of VMs running Ubuntu 10.04, with MySQL Cluster 7.1
installed. I used the configurator from severalnines.com to build and
install the cluster. These VMs are strictly for development purposes, but we
will be going to real hardware in a few weeks. I have been successfully
running a very similar set-up with MySQL Cluster 7.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 VMs for
about a year.

When I try to start my new cluster, the mgmd nodes seem to start OK. But
when I try to start the ndbd nodes, I see this error in the log:

2010-10-22 12:25:40 [ndbd] INFO     -- Start phase 0 completed
2010-10-22 12:25:40 [ndbd] INFO     -- Start phase 0 completed
2010-10-22 12:25:40 [ndbd] INFO     -- CM_REGREF from Node 3 to our Node 3.
Cause = Election without selecting new candidate

Here are the pertinent lines from my config.ini

[NDB_MGMD DEFAULT]
PortNumber=1186
Datadir=/data/mysqlcluster/

[NDB_MGMD]
NodeId=1
Hostname=192.168.0.225
LogDestination=FILE:filename=ndb_1_cluster.log,maxsize=10000000,maxfiles=6
ArbitrationRank=1

[NDB_MGMD]
NodeId=2
Hostname=192.168.0.226
LogDestination=FILE:filename=ndb_2_cluster.log,maxsize=10000000,maxfiles=6
ArbitrationRank=1

[NDBD DEFAULT]
NoOfReplicas=2
Datadir=/data/mysqlcluster/

I've been stuck on this problem for a day now. Any help or advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike van Lammeren

Thread
Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selecting new candidateMike van Lammeren22 Oct
  • Re: Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selectingnew candidateMike van Lammeren22 Oct
  • Re: Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selectingnew candidateMagnus BlĂ„udd25 Oct
Re: Error starting new cluster: CM_REGREF Election without selectingnew candidateMike van Lammeren25 Oct