List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:October 21 2010 6:07am
Subject:Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initial
View as plain text
Hi,
Leave these in the my.cnf file, it is mysql server specific settings.

Br
Johan

Sent from my iPad

On 21 okt 2010, at 06.45, "Tears !" <unix.co@stripped> wrote:

> Dear Reza and Johan,
>
> I am running another MySQL 5.1 server without cluster. For the tunning
> purpose I have set these option in my.cnf.
>
> Now my question is, can I use the same setting on my both storage nodes
> under mysqld section?
>
> Here is the list of that option.
>
> *skip-name-resolve*
> *federated*
> *interactive_timeout = 120*
> *wait_timeout = 120*
> *key_buffer_size = 512M*
> *max_connections = 800*
> *max_connect_errors = 100*
> *max_allowed_packet = 16M*
> *table_open_cache = 2048*
> *sort_buffer_size = 8M*
> *join_buffer_size = 8M*
> *read_buffer_size = 8M*
> *read_rnd_buffer_size = 16M*
> *myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M*
> *myisam_max_sort_file_size = 10G*
> *thread_cache_size = 512*
> *query_cache_size = 64M*
> *query_cache_limit = 4M*
> *# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency*
> *thread_concurrency = 16*
> *ft_min_word_len = 3*
> *tmp_table_size = 128M*
> *expire_logs_days = 15*
>
> Regards,
>
> Umar
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Reza Iskandar Achmad <
> reza@stripped> wrote:
>
>> This is important procedure when you did a change in config.ini as Johan
>> said.
>>
>> Start node at a time to let the new started node to rebuild data and
>> copying
>> fragment from another node.
>>
>> To be straight forward. Procedure for config.ini change:
>> 1. edit config.ini
>> 2. restart all management nodes (I prefer to ndb_mgm -e nodeid stop) and
>> wait until ndb_mgmd exits
>> 3. re-run ndb_mgmd with --reload option, wait until management node started
>> 4. repeat procedure 2-3 if you have another management server
>> 5. stop first node from ndb_mgm console (e.g. ndb_mgm> 11 stop)
>> 6. wait until data node stop and another node to take over as master
>> 7. re-run first node without --initial
>> 8. wait until first node started and joined the cluster/node group. It
>> would
>> takes minutes or hours depends on you data size
>> 9. repeat procedure 5-8 for all data nodes
>>
>> After all, prepare your backup before doing any changes :) it's not fun to
>> lost the database
>>
>> Regards,
>> Reza
>>

>> On 10/21/10 4:18 AM, "Johan Andersson" <johan@stripped> wrote:
>>
>>> .... And then restart _one_ data node at a time (and the mysqlds too if u
>> have
>>> changed any that affects them, like number of [mysqld] sections ) !
> [...]
Thread
All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialreza20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialReza Iskandar Achmad21 Oct
      • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !21 Oct
        • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson21 Oct