List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reza Iskandar Achmad Date:October 21 2010 4:17am
Subject:Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initial
View as plain text
This is important procedure when you did a change in config.ini as Johan
said.

Start node at a time to let the new started node to rebuild data and copying
fragment from another node.

To be straight forward. Procedure for config.ini change:
1. edit config.ini
2. restart all management nodes (I prefer to ndb_mgm -e nodeid stop) and
wait until ndb_mgmd exits
3. re-run ndb_mgmd with --reload option, wait until management node started
4. repeat procedure 2-3 if you have another management server
5. stop first node from ndb_mgm console (e.g. ndb_mgm> 11 stop)
6. wait until data node stop and another node to take over as master
7. re-run first node without --initial
8. wait until first node started and joined the cluster/node group. It would
takes minutes or hours depends on you data size
9. repeat procedure 5-8 for all data nodes

After all, prepare your backup before doing any changes :) it's not fun to
lost the database

Regards,
Reza

On 10/21/10 4:18 AM, "Johan Andersson" <johan@stripped> wrote:

> .... And then restart _one_ data node at a time (and the mysqlds too if u have
> changed any that affects them, like number of [mysqld] sections ) !
> Br
> Johan
>
> On 20 okt 2010, at 22:32, "Tears !" <unix.co@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi Reza, David and John,
>>
>> Thanks for your help, Unfortunatly i had run --initial command on both nodes
>> (:.
>>
>> Now you people said, whenever I change something in config.ini.
>>
>> I should run ndb_mgmd --reload on management server ??
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Umar
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:45 AM, <reza@stripped> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Umar,
>>>
>>> You should re-run ndb_mgmd with --reload option. And run ndbd without
>>> --initial.
>>>
>>> As long as I know, --initial option would tell ndbd to re-initialized the
>>> storage. Probably there's no way to recover your table except from backup.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Reza

Thread
All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialreza20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialReza Iskandar Achmad21 Oct
      • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !21 Oct
        • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson21 Oct