List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:October 20 2010 8:11pm
Subject:Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initial
View as plain text
Hi Umar,
If you start _all_ data nodes with --initial  then you remove the redo log files and
checkpointing information.
This is called an 'initial system restart', and all of your data is gone.

The only way to recover from this is by restoring a backup.

You should always issue a ' ndb_mgm -e "start backup"  '  before you do config changes.

Best regards,
johan andersson
johanandersson.blogspot.com

20 okt 2010 kl. 22.05 skrev David Ennis:

> Sorry.
>
> Misread part of the message and replied too quickly.
>
> As for getting your data back - it should get recovered from the other nodes - unless
> you did the same step to each node.?
>
> However, there should be a backup as well..
> Each node has its own backup.  Luckily, the --initial does *not* remove these.
> The location is defined using BackupDataDir directive
>
> Regards and sorry for the 2nd reply.. Should have read  more carefully.
>

> -David
>

> On 20/10/10 20:31, Tears ! wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> For some reason I had changed config.ini on management node.
>>
>> After that I had kill (ndbd) on both storage nodes. And then again start
>> ndbd with ndbd --initial.
>>
>> But when I had checked tables in my database there was nothing , all tables
>> were removed
>>
>> Would you please help me how I can recover my old tables.
>>
>> And what is the correct procedure to change config.ini and load again.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Umar

All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialreza20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialReza Iskandar Achmad21 Oct
      • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !21 Oct
        • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson21 Oct