List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Ennis Date:October 20 2010 7:52pm
Subject:Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initial
View as plain text
  HI.

Regarding the use of "ndbd --initial"

Unfortunately, here is a quote from Geert Vanderkelen from some months back

"
--initial removes all files in the data node's data directory, so it's
not really needed (or wise IMHO) to specify this for a new ndbd you are
starting. A new ndbd which has no data will get its data from its
partner without this option just fine.

Please be VERY careful with this option. (Again, IMHO, this option has
to be removed or renamed.)
You rarely have to use it. Actually, if you have to use it, it means
your NDB filesystem is corrupted or something else makes the ndbd
impossible to start. If that happens, it's either a bug or a underlining
OS filesystem problem.
I'm more fan just emptying the data node's data directory manually than
using --initial.

We've seen mistakes with the option, and it was _no fun_!
.."

As for the proper command - " --reload" as  stated by reza@... just now
is what I would use.

Regards,
David Ennis

-Geert
On 20/10/10 20:31, Tears ! wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> For some reason I had changed config.ini on management node.
>
> After that I had kill (ndbd) on both storage nodes. And then again start
> ndbd with ndbd --initial.
>
> But when I had checked tables in my database there was nothing , all tables
> were removed
>
> Would you please help me how I can recover my old tables.
>
> And what is the correct procedure to change config.ini and load again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Umar

Thread
All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialDavid Ennis20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialreza20 Oct
Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
  • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson20 Oct
    • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialReza Iskandar Achmad21 Oct
      • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialTears !21 Oct
        • Re: All tables remove on ndbd --initialJohan Andersson21 Oct