List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Dixon Date:September 23 2010 9:58pm
Subject:Re: Performance and Scalability and cluster
View as plain text
Hello Jeff,

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Schweiger, Jeff - ES
<Jeff.Schweiger@stripped> wrote:
> Thanks for the response... One follow up question:
>
>>You know, 60k queries/min is not that large for cluster although it
>>depends on the queries.  How is the load of your servers at 60k/s?  Can
>>you estimate what will be the first bottleneck?
>
> I guess that is part of my problem...  I would like to get an idea how many
> queries cluster *can* handle.  At my current query rate, the load on my servers is
> very low.  I know performance is highly variable and is app dependant, hardware
> dependant and query type dependant.  For example, currently I am running on old Sun
> 2000's, and know I will get a boost if I go to a newer Intel multi core platform.
>  But I think I have tuned by app and cluster to perform well.
>
> So given a 4 data node 2 mysqld cluster, can I expect 500,000 queries per second, can
> I expect more?  I would love to know what type of performance people have seen.

Due to all the specifics of any particular deployment, the only way to
answer such a thing is to obtain more information about how your
cluster is performing.

Measure your loads (cpu/diskio), key query response times at
60,000/min. Then double your test load to 120,000 and measure the same
data, and repeat until you either find a performance problem or a
configuration limitation. This way you should get some profiling
information and specific details about how your system will perform,
with your app. Its simply not possible to compare generic benchmarks
to your application.

Some benchmark tools allow custom sets of queries to be run if you are
unable to easily simulate your application loads.

Adam
Thread
Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.Ricardo Soares Guimarães26 Jul
  • Re: Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.Dan Frincu26 Jul
    • Performance and Scalability and clusterJeff - ES Schweiger23 Sep
  • Re: Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.Dan Frincu26 Jul
  • Re: Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.Stewart Smith26 Jul
    • Re: Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.Ricardo Soares Guimarães26 Jul
      • Re: Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.Jason Brooke26 Jul
  • Re: Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.David Ennis26 Jul
    • Re: Converting MyISAM with 300GB to NDB.Ricardo Soares Guimarães27 Jul
  • Re: Performance and Scalability and clusterYves Trudeau23 Sep
    • RE: Performance and Scalability and clusterJeff - ES Schweiger23 Sep
      • Re: Performance and Scalability and clusterAdam Dixon23 Sep
        • RE: Performance and Scalability and clusterAndrew Morgan24 Sep
          • High availability implementationramarovelo28 Sep
            • RE: High availability implementationAndrew Morgan28 Sep
              • Re: High availability implementationMat Keep28 Sep
              • Re: High availability implementationramarovelo28 Sep
      • Re: Performance and Scalability and clusterMikael Ronstrošm24 Sep