List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff - ES Schweiger Date:September 23 2010 2:11pm
Subject:Performance and Scalability and cluster
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a problem that I am trying to wrap my head around, and I am hoping someone in this
group can help me.  We have been testing cluster for a while now, and we have liked how
cluster has performed thus far.  However, before we move into deploying cluster, I would
like to know the answers to a couple of scalability questions.

On our current system, we have 4 data nodes, and 2 mysqld nodes that run about 60,000
queries a minute.  We expect our traffic to increase significantly over the next couple
of years, and I am look for some guides, or any  source of information  that will help
answer the following questions.

1.  How can get a determination of how my cluster configuration is performing.  Given my 4
data node, 2 mysqld nodes, 60,000 query a minute load, how close am I to impacting
performance?
2.  Is there any benchmark data out there?
3.  How do I know when/how to add nodes to the cluster?  For example, what is the
deference between adding a mysqld node, and a data node, and how do I know when it would
be necessary to add either?
4.  Is there any tips/procedures used to measure performance of cluster?

Thank for any help you can provide.

Jeff Schweiger
jeff.schweiger@stripped
44965 Aviation Dr. Suite 400