List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geert Vanderkelen Date:September 14 2010 8:08am
Subject:Re: Problem with the NDB database engine
View as plain text
Hello Massimiliano,

On Sep 14, 2010, at 10:01 , Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
..
> There I saw a 'Got error 738 'Record too big' from NDB'
>
> Searching through the net, I found some disappointing news: it seems there's
> no solution about that error but splitting the table....
> However, I can't split the table because I'm installing an application that
> uses that database....
>
> Do you confirm there's no solution than splitting the table?

Well, redesigning the table would be indeed better.
For instance: you're storing IP addresses as VARCHAR, where for IPv4 an INT would do.
(unless you save the resolved IP address..) Most of the fields have 75 as length, which
notes you didn't think about the actual length of the data in these.
And so on.. :)

Also what Hartmut mailed.

-Geert

--
Geert Vanderkelen
Oracle, MySQL Senior Support Engineer

ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG
Registered Office: Riesstr. 25, 80992 Muenchen, Germany
Commercial Register: Local Court Of Munich, HRA 95603

General Partner: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
Register Of Chamber Of Commerce: Midden-Niederlande, No. 30143697
Managing Directors: Juergen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven

Thread
Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineDavid Ennis13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineJon Stephens13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • RE: Problem with the NDB database engineAndrew Morgan13 Sep
        • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
          • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineDavid Ennis13 Sep
              • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database enginePekka Nousiainen14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineGeert Vanderkelen14 Sep
                    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe14 Sep
Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep