List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Massimiliano Ziccardi Date:September 14 2010 8:01am
Subject:Re: Problem with the NDB database engine
View as plain text
Think I have some more information.

I tried to create the table and then issued 'show warnings'

There I saw a 'Got error 738 'Record too big' from NDB'

Searching through the net, I found some disappointing news: it seems there's
no solution about that error but splitting the table....
However, I can't split the table because I'm installing an application that
uses that database....

Do you confirm there's no solution than splitting the table?

I'm not a MySQL expert... could I solve the problem splitting the table and
then creating e 'read/write' view with the same name of the original table?
Such view would show the table data as if it was the original table: is that
possible with MySQL and NDB?

Thanks,
Massimiliano

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 09:41, Massimiliano Ziccardi <
massimiliano.ziccardi@stripped> wrote:

> Hi David!
>
> I tried to completely remove the underscore, but the problem persists.
>
> The same script works with InnoDB....
>
> Any other idea?
> Is this a bug?
>
> Regards,
> Massimiliano
>

> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 18:18, David Ennis <david@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Have you tried escaping the underscore on the table name in the create
>> statement?
>>
>> -david
>>

>> Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
>>
>>> HI all!
>>> The previous error has gone, however, it fails creating this table:
>>>
>>> create table User_ (
>>>    uuid_ varchar(75) null,
>>>    userId bigint not null primary key,
>>>    companyId bigint,
>>>    createDate datetime null,
>>>    modifiedDate datetime null,
>>>    defaultUser tinyint,
>>>    contactId bigint,
>>>    password_ varchar(75) null,
>>>    passwordEncrypted tinyint,
>>>    passwordReset tinyint,
>>>    passwordModifiedDate datetime null,
>>>    digest varchar(255) null,
>>>    reminderQueryQuestion varchar(75) null,
>>>    reminderQueryAnswer varchar(75) null,
>>>    graceLoginCount integer,
>>>    screenName varchar(75) null,
>>>    emailAddress varchar(75) null,
>>>    facebookId bigint,
>>>    openId varchar(1024) null,
>>>    portraitId bigint,
>>>    languageId varchar(75) null,
>>>    timeZoneId varchar(75) null,
>>>    greeting varchar(255) null,
>>>    comments longtext null,
>>>    firstName varchar(75) null,
>>>    middleName varchar(75) null,
>>>    lastName varchar(75) null,
>>>    jobTitle varchar(100) null,
>>>    loginDate datetime null,
>>>    loginIP varchar(75) null,
>>>    lastLoginDate datetime null,
>>>    lastLoginIP varchar(75) null,
>>>    lastFailedLoginDate datetime null,
>>>    failedLoginAttempts integer,
>>>    lockout tinyint,
>>>    lockoutDate datetime null,
>>>    agreedToTermsOfUse tinyint,
>>>    active_ tinyint
>>> ) engine NDB;
>>>
>>> the error is :
>>>
>>> ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table 'lportal.user_' (errno: 140)
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> perror --ndb 140
>>>
>>> Illegal ndb error code: 140
>>> MySQL error code 140: Wrong create options
>>> Win32 error code 140: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on
>>> substituted drive.
>>>
>>> Any help?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance,
>>> Massimiliano Ziccardi

Thread
Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineDavid Ennis13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineJon Stephens13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • RE: Problem with the NDB database engineAndrew Morgan13 Sep
        • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
          • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineDavid Ennis13 Sep
              • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database enginePekka Nousiainen14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineGeert Vanderkelen14 Sep
                    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe14 Sep
Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep