List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Massimiliano Ziccardi Date:September 13 2010 2:00pm
Subject:Re: Problem with the NDB database engine
View as plain text
Hi Jon, thanks for your help!

CREATE TABLE t (c INT) ENGINE NDB;
> Does this work for you at all?

Yes it works, and I can see the table on both the server of the cluster.
The problem arises only with the script I sent a while ago: starting from
the mbcategory tables, all other tables fails creation.

I'm going to try to set DataMemory and IndexMemory

Thanks a lot!
Massimiliano

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 15:54, Jon Stephens <jon.stephens@stripped> wrote:

> On 13/09/10 15:27, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I've configured my mysql cluster, and I'm trying to create my DB, however,
>> always get the
>>  Can't create table 'mytable' (errno: 708)
>>
>> I already tried to change the MaxNoOfAttributes value, but it seems that's
>> not the solution....
>>
>> I have two questions:
>> 1) How can I know the current MaxNoOfAttributes of mysql? I need that to
>> be
>> sure that mysql is actually reading my config file
>>

> mysqld doesn't read config.ini, and thus has no knowledge of Cluster
> configuration parameters; the configuration file is read by ndb_mgmd. If
> your cluster is actually running, we can assume ndb_mgmd is reading the file
> or getting the info from its configuration cache (don't know if the latter
> is an issue for you, since I don't know which version of the software you're
> trying to use).
>

>  2) Is there any other configuration I can try to fix such error?
>>

> You might try setting DataMemory and IndexMemory. The defaults (80M and
> 18M, respectively) are extremely low, not even really high enough for
> semi-serious testing. Difficult to say what's suitable in your case since I
> don't know how much RAM is on your data node hosts, but I find that I get
> all kinds of oddness even with very simple stuff if I don't set these to at
> least 100M and 50M.
>
> (Also, I suggest that any data node parameter values that are common to all
> data nodes be set in [ndbd default], and not in individual [ndbd] sections.
> Cuts down on hard-to-spot mistakes in config.ini.)
>
> Even so, if the cluster is running, you should be able to create a very
> simple MySQL Cluster table using something like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE t (c INT) ENGINE NDB;
>
> Does this work for you at all?
>
> What is the CREATE TABLE statement that fails?

> [...]

Thread
Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineDavid Ennis13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineJon Stephens13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • RE: Problem with the NDB database engineAndrew Morgan13 Sep
        • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
          • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineDavid Ennis13 Sep
              • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database enginePekka Nousiainen14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineGeert Vanderkelen14 Sep
                    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe14 Sep
Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep