List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Stephens Date:September 13 2010 1:54pm
Subject:Re: Problem with the NDB database engine
View as plain text
On 13/09/10 15:27, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've configured my mysql cluster, and I'm trying to create my DB, however, I
> always get the
>   Can't create table 'mytable' (errno: 708)
>
> I already tried to change the MaxNoOfAttributes value, but it seems that's
> not the solution....
>
> I have two questions:
> 1) How can I know the current MaxNoOfAttributes of mysql? I need that to be
> sure that mysql is actually reading my config file

mysqld doesn't read config.ini, and thus has no knowledge of Cluster
configuration parameters; the configuration file is read by ndb_mgmd. If
your cluster is actually running, we can assume ndb_mgmd is reading the
file or getting the info from its configuration cache (don't know if the
latter is an issue for you, since I don't know which version of the
software you're trying to use).

> 2) Is there any other configuration I can try to fix such error?

You might try setting DataMemory and IndexMemory. The defaults (80M and
18M, respectively) are extremely low, not even really high enough for
semi-serious testing. Difficult to say what's suitable in your case
since I don't know how much RAM is on your data node hosts, but I find
that I get all kinds of oddness even with very simple stuff if I don't
set these to at least 100M and 50M.

(Also, I suggest that any data node parameter values that are common to
all data nodes be set in [ndbd default], and not in individual [ndbd]
sections. Cuts down on hard-to-spot mistakes in config.ini.)

Even so, if the cluster is running, you should be able to create a very
simple MySQL Cluster table using something like this:

CREATE TABLE t (c INT) ENGINE NDB;

Does this work for you at all?

What is the CREATE TABLE statement that fails?

cheers

jon.

--

Jon Stephens / MySQL Documentation Team
Oracle Svenska AB / Stockholm
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe13 Sep
    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
      • RE: Problem with the NDB database engineAndrew Morgan13 Sep
        • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
          • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineDavid Ennis13 Sep
              • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database enginePekka Nousiainen14 Sep
                • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
                  • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineGeert Vanderkelen14 Sep
                    • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi14 Sep
            • Re: Problem with the NDB database engineHartmut Holzgraefe14 Sep
Re: Problem with the NDB database engineMassimiliano Ziccardi13 Sep