List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:August 17 2010 10:55pm
Subject:Re: Got temporary error 899 'Rowid already allocated' from NDBCLUSTER during INSERT
View as plain text
On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:06:02 -0400, Richard McCluskey <rmccluskey@stripped> wrote:
> So under load I am getting this error message from the cluster. I have
> filed a bug report for it but was wondering if the forum folks had a
> quick workaround?

Since it's a transient temporary error, your application should just
retry the transaction.

A property of database systems is that sometimes you get to do things again.

(also note Andrew's advice).

The way Compressed LCP works is that you're essentially running gzip
over the data in that node. Since the data can be different on each node
(as well as how much CPU the thread doing compression gets), this can
cause a bit more fun and games than the normal LCP process.
--
Stewart Smith
Thread