List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:July 16 2010 8:39am
Subject:RE: Active Active Cluster
View as plain text
Hi Erez,

 Active-active replication is available and is in use.

 The main think to bear in mind is that there is some effort required on your part if you
want MySQL Cluster to handle the conflict detection or resolution (conflict=the same row
being updated on both sites at about the same time). For example, you'd need to include
an integer timestamp column in each of the tables where conflicts need to be handled and
maintain that at the application layer. There are also some limitations on its use (for
example, if using conflict resolution it backs out the change to the row where the
conflict occurs but not the rest of the transaction).

 This post walks through setting up active-active (multi-master) replication between 2
MySQL Cluster deployments...
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/setting-up-mysql-asynchronous-replication-for-high-availability/
Note that it doesn't explain how to use the conflict detection/resolution - for that,
refer to
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-replication-conflict-resolution.html

 Known limitations of MySQL Cluster replication are documented at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-replication-issues.html

Regards, Andrew.

--

Andrew Morgan | MySQL Senior Product Manager
Mobile: +447833483595

ORACLE Corporation UK Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales | Company Reg.
No. 1782505 | Reg. office: Oracle Parkway, Thames Valley Park, Reading RG6 1RA

Thread
Active Active ClusterErez Epstein15 Jul
  • RE: Active Active ClusterAndrew Morgan16 Jul