List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:June 4 2010 9:42am
Subject:Re: uneven data distribution
View as plain text

can you send the output from:

ndb_desc -p -d <databasename> <tablename>
on some of the larger tables to verify the distribution?

In general , you can get this discrepancy in datamemory usage if you have
1) deleted a lot of records containg VARCHAR/VARBINARY (var sized attrs)
and the deletion did not free up pages completely so they wasnt returned
2) restarted one data node, this data node will then "compact" the
var-sized area, and then you will have less DataMemory usage on the
restarted node.

Look at

But the problem you describe, that the restarted node use _more_
memory,that  i haven't seen before.

Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
> Hi,
> in one of our clusters we have a very uneven data distribution:
> ndb_mgm> all report MemoryUsage
> ndb_mgm> Node 10: Data usage is 5%(17307 32K pages of total 327680)
> Node 10: Index usage is 4%(6481 8K pages of total 131104)
> Node 11: Data usage is 19%(62941 32K pages of total 327680)
> Node 11: Index usage is 4%(6398 8K pages of total 131104)
> I did a node restart one node 11, but that did not change anything.
> We are using version mysql-5.1.41 ndb-7.0.13.
> Is this uneven distribution normal?
> Can I do something to distribute the data evenly?
> regards
> Hendrik Woltersdorf
> *** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***
> Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist allein
> für den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt. Dritten ist
> das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten,
> eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzueglich vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns
> eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.
> This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use
> of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding
> without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
> Hauptsitz: Bahnstrasse 37, D-47877 Willich, USt-IdNr.: DE 812 885 664
> Kommunikation: Telefon +49 2154 9209-70, Telefax +49 2154 9209-900,
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 10340
> Vorstand: Matthias Albrecht, Marco Marty, Dr. Rainer Fuchs, Dirk Werner
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stefan H. Tarach

uneven data distributionHendrik Woltersdorf4 Jun
  • Re: uneven data distributionJohan Andersson4 Jun
    • Antwort: Re: uneven data distributionHendrik Woltersdorf4 Jun