List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Blåudd Date:June 4 2010 7:58am
Subject:Re: Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directory
View as plain text
Igor Guryanov skrev 2010-06-04 02:58:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install 7.1.3 binary distribution.
>
> Previously we built it for our directory layout - nothing inside usual
> /usr and /opt, since they are read only in our zones. For 7.x I tried
> to use solaris pkg. It's installed fine with custom base path, except
> links from usual places - it's ok.
>
> But I can't get it working... Management and NDB nodes are fine, they
> can read my configuration files.
>
> But mysqld... it seems does not pick up ndb settings from my.cnf (I
> put the copy in datadir). In fact, I am not sure it takes any settings
>   from this file... After starting "show variables" returns
> "have_ndbcluster DISABLED". "Engines" tables also shows ndb as
> unsupported.
>
> parse_server_arguments from startup script does see it:
> --ndbcluster
> --ndb-connectstring=10.10.10.212:1186,10.10.10.213:1186
> --ndb-cluster-connection-pool=4
>
> error log:
> 100604  4:44:39 [Note] Plugin 'ndbcluster' is disabled.
>
> But... when I start mysqld manually, passing all these parameters as
> arguments, ndb is ok... Except one warning:
>
> 100604  4:48:13 [Note] NDB: NodeID is 6, management server '10.10.10.212:1186'
> 100604  4:48:14 [Note] NDB[0]: NodeID: 6, all storage nodes connected
> ====>>  100604  4:48:14 [Warning] NDB: server id set to zero will cause
> any other mysqld with bin log to log with wrong server id
> 100604  4:48:14 [Note] Starting Cluster Binlog Thread
>
> So... two questions:
> 1 - How to run mysql distribution from custom location so it's scripts
> read my.cnf? (I put it in datadir, and I tried to modify startup
> scripts with explicit path).
> 2 - What means this morning - "server id set to zero will cause any
> other mysqld with bin log to log with wrong server id", and what
> problems can I have? (I want to run two mysqld on different hosts).
>
> Regards,
> Igor.

The mysqld will tell you were it read my.cnf file from if you execute it
like:
$> ./mysqld --verbose --help
<snip>
Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
/etc/my.cnf /etc/mysql/my.cnf /home/msvensson/install/7.0/etc/my.cnf
~/.my.cnf
The following groups are read: mysql_cluster mysqld server mysqld-5.1
The following options may be given as the first argument:
--print-defaults	Print the program argument list and exit
--no-defaults		Don't read default options from any options file
--defaults-file=#	Only read default options from the given file #
--defaults-extra-file=# Read this file after the global files are read

^ There you also see the command line arguments to use for telling the
mysqld which my.cnf to use

/ Magnus
Thread
Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryIgor Guryanov4 Jun
  • Re: Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryMagnus Blåudd4 Jun
    • Re: Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryIgor Guryanov4 Jun
      • Re: Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryIgor Guryanov4 Jun