List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Igor Guryanov Date:June 4 2010 12:58am
Subject:Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directory
View as plain text
Hi,

I am trying to install 7.1.3 binary distribution.

Previously we built it for our directory layout - nothing inside usual
/usr and /opt, since they are read only in our zones. For 7.x I tried
to use solaris pkg. It's installed fine with custom base path, except
links from usual places - it's ok.

But I can't get it working... Management and NDB nodes are fine, they
can read my configuration files.

But mysqld... it seems does not pick up ndb settings from my.cnf (I
put the copy in datadir). In fact, I am not sure it takes any settings
 from this file... After starting "show variables" returns
"have_ndbcluster DISABLED". "Engines" tables also shows ndb as
unsupported.

parse_server_arguments from startup script does see it:
--ndbcluster
--ndb-connectstring=10.10.10.212:1186,10.10.10.213:1186
--ndb-cluster-connection-pool=4

error log:
100604  4:44:39 [Note] Plugin 'ndbcluster' is disabled.

But... when I start mysqld manually, passing all these parameters as
arguments, ndb is ok... Except one warning:

100604  4:48:13 [Note] NDB: NodeID is 6, management server '10.10.10.212:1186'
100604  4:48:14 [Note] NDB[0]: NodeID: 6, all storage nodes connected
====>> 100604  4:48:14 [Warning] NDB: server id set to zero will cause
any other mysqld with bin log to log with wrong server id
100604  4:48:14 [Note] Starting Cluster Binlog Thread

So... two questions:
1 - How to run mysql distribution from custom location so it's scripts
read my.cnf? (I put it in datadir, and I tried to modify startup
scripts with explicit path).
2 - What means this morning - "server id set to zero will cause any
other mysqld with bin log to log with wrong server id", and what
problems can I have? (I want to run two mysqld on different hosts).

Regards,
Igor.
Thread
Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryIgor Guryanov4 Jun
  • Re: Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryMagnus BlĂ„udd4 Jun
    • Re: Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryIgor Guryanov4 Jun
      • Re: Installing binary distribution to an arbitrary directoryIgor Guryanov4 Jun