List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Hutchings Date:May 22 2010 5:22am
Subject:Re: nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reached
View as plain text
Hello Matthew,

On 21/05/10 23:25, Boehm, Matthew wrote:
> Upgrading now. Shutdown cluster. Upgraded all RPMs. Tried to come back
> online. Crash. Some issue on node 1 with "file not found". Initial'd it
> then brought nodes 2 and 3 up. They (thankfully!) started and are now
> synching node 1. Waiting for that to finish before bringing node 4 up.

Interesting, I don't believe I have seen this problem yet.

> Noticed that in the individual ndbd node log files, I'd see lines like
> this:
>
> [ndbd] INFO     -- Start phase 5 completed

Yep, I wrote the patch to do that ;)

> But when in the ndb_mgm, `all status` it always said "Last completed
> phase 0" all the way until it 'Started'.  That normal? I don't think so.
> I always remember seeing the correct phase in the manager.

We are aware of this and are still analyzing the problem.  I will try
and work on this over the weekend.  For now we recommend using 'tail' on
the logs to see the current phase.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Hutchings, MySQL Support Engineer, Americas
Oracle Corporation UK Limited.