List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Boehm Date:May 21 2010 8:58pm
Subject:nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reached
View as plain text
Hi all,

I've just finished my test to confirm this. I loaded up some data and
"all dump 1000" reported 79% data usage. In my ndb_mgmd config, I
specified MemReportFrequency=600 (every 10 minutes). As long as data
usage stayed below 80%, the usage was reported properly every 10 minutes
in the ndb_mgm console and thru the MGM API.

But as soon as that 1 record was inserted to push the usage to 80.00%,
the report frequency suddenly changed to every second for all 4 ndbd
nodes!

My mgm console was now being flooded with the reports as is the MGM API.

I don't see anything in the docs that state this is normal behavior. Bug
possibly?

Thanks,

Matthew

Thread
nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reachedMatthew Boehm21 May
  • RE: nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reachedJoshua Gordon21 May
  • Re: nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reachedAndrew Hutchings21 May
    • RE: nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reachedMatthew Boehm22 May
      • Re: nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reachedAndrew Hutchings22 May
        • Re: nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reachedMagnus BlĂ„udd24 May
Re: nodes ignoring MemReportFrequency setting when 80% reachedJoshua Gordon22 May