List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mat Keep Date:April 29 2010 4:46pm
Subject:Seeking Feedback on New MySQL Cluster Project
View as plain text
Hi All
At the recent MySQL User Conference, Jonas Oreland from the MySQL
Cluster development team presented some early results of work on the SPJ
Project - an initiative designed to push certain classes of JOIN
operations down to the data nodes.

Even from early testing, the team are seeing 25x increases in JOIN
performance

We would now love to get your feedback on this new feature, specifically:
- Does the current implementation improve performance for your
application ?
- Are there other types of JOINs we should support in order to improve
performance in you application (currently only eq_ref is supported) ?

Please send feedback to this list: spj-feedback@stripped

For more details on how to get the preview code and test it in your
environment, see Johan Andersson's Cluster and HA blog:
http://johanandersson.blogspot.com/2010/04/mysql-cluster-spj-preview-feedback_27.html

For a worked example of testing queries, see Andrew Morgan's MySQL
Cluster blog:
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/trying-out-mysql-push-down-join-spj-preview/

A copy of the slides providing an overview of the SPJ project are here:
http://assets.en.oreilly.com/1/event/36/MySQL%20Cluster%20and%20Pushdown-joins%20_In%20Pursuit%20of%20the%20Holy%20Grail_%20Presentation.pdf

Regards

Mat Keep
MySQL Cluster Product Team
Oracle MySQL Global Business Unit
+44 (0)7765 898-605
Skype: mat.keep
Twitter: http://twitter.com/matkeep

Thread
Seeking Feedback on New MySQL Cluster Project Mat Keep29 Apr