List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geert Vanderkelen Date:April 28 2010 11:19am
Subject:Re: Need help for error
'Failuretorestoreschema(Resourceconfigurationerror). Permanent error,external
actionneeded'.
View as plain text
On Apr 28, 2010, at 12:59 , Manasi Save wrote:

> yes but on server. But what senerio I am trying to work out is If I am
> adding a new data node in existing cluster group then Ideally other
> node should sych all its data to the newly added node. Is it right?
>
> Can't mysql cluster consider a cluster started with initial as new data
> node for the cluster.

I'm not sure I understand what you try to do, but let me break it down to two
possibilities:

* Replacing a Data Node machine:
If you have 2 Data Nodes running on 2 different machines, you can replace one of those
machines and the new Data Node process will sync with it's Partner. This is however not a
'new' Data Node, it's just a replacement of the one that crashed.

* Online Adding Data Nodes:
You can not add a Data Node to an existing Node Group. You can add a new Node Group.
So, if you have 4 Data Nodes with NoOfReplicas=2, you have 2 Data Node Groups. Then you
can add 2 new Data Nodes, which will be the 3rd Data Node group.
The new group will be empty at first, but new records might end up there. You can,
however, reorganize.

Cheers,

Geert

--
Geert Vanderkelen, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems GmbH     Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jürgen Kunz                          HRB MUC 161028

Thread
Need help for error 'Failure to restore schema(Resourceconfiguration error). Permanent error, external action needed'.Manasi Save27 Apr
  • Re: Need help for error 'Failure to restore schema(Resourceconfiguration error). Permanent error, external action needed'.Pekka Nousiainen27 Apr
Re: Need help for error 'Failure to restoreschema(Resourceconfiguration error). Permanent error, external actionneeded'.Manasi Save27 Apr
  • Re: Need help for error 'Failure to restoreschema(Resourceconfiguration error). Permanent error, external action needed'.Geert Vanderkelen27 Apr
[...]
  • Re: Need help for error 'Failuretorestoreschema(Resourceconfigurationerror). Permanent error,external actionneeded'.Geert Vanderkelen28 Apr
Re: Need help for error'Failuretorestoreschema(Resourceconfigurationerror). Permanenterror,external actionneeded'.Manasi Save28 Apr